Adidas AX 2 Women’s Hiking Shoes review
It’s been about a year since we first compiled this review and the Adidas AX2 still stands tall as one of the best hiking shoes for women, making it to the list of TOP 5 best hiking shoes for women in the last 7 updates, most of the time being at the very top, with a current rating of 96 / 100.
For those new to the Sole Labz
It’s not an original idea of trying to get closer to the nature so that you can get closer to your true self and understanding life, but what good would hiking the Pacific Crest do if all you can think about are your blisters and how much pain you’re in. Striking that fine balance of torments of a difficult hike, yet remaining comfortable enough to have an inner dialogue about life and it’s predicaments is an experience like no other. And in that effort, finding enough comfort not to focus on the blisters is a paramount…and you can’t do that without the right pair of hiking shoes on your feet.
That’s why SoleLabz.com exists – so that you don’t have to juggle with all the choices until your mind boils – we can’t take away the sore back but in our reviews of hiking shoes and boots we make it easier for you to walk down that road, both metaphorically and physically.
But let’s get specific – this review looks at the eye candy that is the Adidas AX 2 and perhaps shed some light on why it has been the best rated women hiking shoe for a while now and possibly explain the phenomena behind the “crazy” rating statistics of this pair of shoes.
Here’s what we’ll do in this review of Adidas AX2
- we’ll start with the basics and look at the fact sheet that Adidas provided
- we’ll move on to the reviews of the customers – the PROs and CONs owners had to share
- we’ll get to our thoughts about the AX 2 and finally, pin it with a Sole Labz Overall rating
What Adidas had to say about these women hiking shoes?
So, here’s the manufacturer’s specification:
- 6 oz in weight (size 7)
- Synthetic upper and air mesh
- Molded sockliner provides enhanced fit and comfort
- EVA lightweight midsole for lightweight long-term cushioning
- Textile comfortable lining made especially to fit women
The positive reviews our featured testers and user shared?
Let’s see what the customers liked about these hiking top sellers:
- This is a really nice shoe. They combine firm feet support with excellent traction, and the overall quality is something that simply screams Adidas!
- They fit true to size, which is the necessary first step for me to really enjoy a pair of hiking shoes. The toebox is also very roomy, so there’s no violation of my toes whatsoever
- I wore these for my forest run as soon as I got them, and they were more than comfortable right out of the box. They fit very well and are definitely worth the money spent (and more)
- My heel is always giving me troubles, and the pain is so difficult to bear sometimes. I work as a soccer coach, and really needed a pair of shoes to counteract my condition. These were a complete blessing! They’re so comfortable and give great support in all the right places. I can wear them all the time pretty much when I’m coaching or just taking a walk in the field
- I’m a very heavy person and finding a comfortable pair of hiking shoes is quite a challenge. My knees started to suffer over the years, as a direct result of my obesity. These shoes really changed things for the better. I can even do longer hikes without my legs feeling like they’re about to fall off. There’s absolutely no pain, and they are just so comfortable. If you’re also having weight issues, my sincere recommendation goes out to this pair
- They’re the best women hiking shoes ever! No questions asked. I’m just in love with them. I even use them for my gym sessions, and still have to find something they’re not great at (or for)
- The quality is excellent, and they look very nice too. They’re so easy to mix up with the rest of my hiking outfit, but I wear them during my everyday activities also
- They arrived very promptly, so kudos to the delivery service! I never usually go on a hike with just bought shoes, but this time I did, and they performed beautifully! They don’t need any break-in time, and my lack of blisters or sore feet can attest to that
- These are my new favorite shoes! They’re so comfortable and supportive, yet so breathable and lightweight. I like the slim overall appearance, as I’m not to big of a fan when it comes to bulky shoes
- The colors are absolutely amazing! I like to add a dash of vibrant coloration to my outfit, and these do the trick. They look very well made, no glue hanging all around, and no faulty stitching or threads hanging. The quality really feels like something else compared to all the other hiking shoes I’ve bought so far
- I’m an avid Adidas follower and have a pretty sizable collection of their products. Over the years, I’ve given myself the liberty of ordering their hiking shoes online since the ones I’ve bought in stores were 100% true to size
- They’re very comfortable and give me a great grip on icy surfaces!
- I was a bit worried when I first got them given how lightweight and non-clunky they are. I thought the support wouldn’t be adequate, but all of my doubts were dispersed after the first hike. I’ve owned some of the top hiking sandals out there and these feel just as light
What the customers didn’t like about these shoes – the CONs:
Here we’ll go over some of the CONs, thus completing the overall picture regarding this particular footwear:
- My feet are very narrow, so these tend to be somewhat wide.
- My ankles are super tiny, so finding a shoe that won’t slide up and down is quite a feat. When it comes to these, I really have to tie the laces firmly in order for them to stay in place
- not enough support for my taste, I had to get an extra insole