When talking about the best hiking boots to kick off your hiking adventure, you might experience a bit of trouble in your search if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing. You can feel somewhat overwhelmed by the plethora of information, and this is exactly what the Sole Labz website and specifically this Merrell Moab review is aimed to prevent.
Here’s how we do it at Sole Labz and what you can expect from this Merrel Moab Ventilator review
The sections of this Merrell Moab review are as follows:
- First of all we’ll take a look at the official product description, provided by the manufacturer
- We will later test the said specification by cross-referencing it with some user experiences (this is what one would usually call a PROs/CONs section)
- Lastly, I will provide my own opinion on the matter, summing up everything we’ve heard so far
It is one simple procedure, yet its results when it comes to completely informing you one the matter will be unparalleled.
Manufacturer’s product description of the Merrel Moab Mid Waterproof for Men
Here we have a complete list of features, made available by the Merrell Company:
- Mesh and leather
- Vibram sole
- Mid-height cut
- M-Select DRY mesh lining for moisture wicking
- M-Select FRESH for odor prevention
- Bellows tongue
- Heel featuring air cushion for shock absorption
- Anatomical ortholite footbed
- Vibram sticky outsole
Pleasant user experiences the actual users had to share in their reviews of the Merrel Moab Ventilator Mid Waterproof
- I bought these for your usual boulder hopping, and they’ve felt like bedroom slippers all the way. The backpacking I tend to practice is really hindered by heavy boots with the comfort level of a cast concrete. These were exactly what I was looking for, as they are super light for their bulk, and they provide excellent protection for my feet
- I’m not walking these shoes, they walk me! They’re simply impressive, and they don’t fight at all my stride’s natural ergonomics. It’s like they bend with my feet, making it much easier to beat any kind of rough terrain
- From the streets to the trail. No hiking boots review can show you awesome these are once you put them on. They’re very comfortable and worth every penny I paid for them. They’re also surprisingly lightweight, and didn’t cause any blisters, no matter the abuse I’ve put my feet through
- The ankle support they provide is simply fantastic! I’ve bought an additional corrective insert, which made them a pair of the best-fitting boots I own. I use them daily for all kinds of purposes, and on top of being very comfortable and all around an excellent pair of boots, I really like the overall design too
- I like how the soles are not as stiff as on my other boots, yet they give me more than enough support and protection. I’ve hiked through some pretty rocky areas, and these made jagged rocks feel like nothing more than pebbles underfoot
- This is a very rugged pair of hiking boots. I’ve been wearing Merrells for around 10 years now, and they’ve proven to be highly durable, dependant, and very comfortable pieces of footwear. They’re also very well made, and overall a great investment. High recommendation from me
- Being an avid hiker, I expect from a pair of hiking boots to require a certain break-in period, which is completely normal. These, however, were amazing right out of the box. I put them on as soon as I got them and did a 3-mile test run. They were super comfortable and felt like I’ve been wearing them for years. And they just keep on getting more comfortable as I wear them more
- Hiking boot review online is a great thing for defining what you actually need. I’ve read bulks of reviews for these Merrell Moabs, and they were are 100% true! This is one premium pair of hiking equipment. The best thing about them for me is how tight my foot feels while I’m wearing them. There’s absolutely no room for sliding of any kind, which eliminates potential sore spots and other problems. Best hiking boots ever!
- They have such a good grip! I feel almost rooted to the ground, even on wet and slippery surfaces
Not so good things users had to share with us
Here we have some of the CONs:
- There’s a bit of height to the upper rim. It tends to pressure lower leg/upper ankle at times when I go on a longer hike
- These are great if you’re looking for a pair of boots that’ll almost feel like running shoes. It’s the closest thing boots can offer. I prefer my hiking footwear to feel sturdier than that, so I had to return them. It was a good-quality piece of footwear, just not what I wanted
- If your feet are as wide as mine, these are not your boots. The length was ok, and in that respect the boots were more than comfortable, but I do require a much wider toe box in order to use them for anything. Had to return them regrettably. They’re great, but if wide feet are your problem too, you should skip them
Conclusions on the Merrel Moab Ventilator Mid
An Overall Quality Rating of 4.8/5 on Sole Labz for the Merrel Moab Ventilator is a great score and the points deducted are for price (the reason for that being is tha one too many people mentioned they wish they were somewhat cheaper) and the other point is for the customer service which seems to have gone downhill a bit with Merrel in the past few years.
They still do their job, but not as efficiently and as quickly as they used to with every customer. That is our impression anyhow based on everything we found out in our research.
I sincerely hope this review of the Merrel Moab for Men will get you a step closer to what you need for an excellent hiking adventure.