Here at Sole Labz we take pride in how thorough, and more importantly, unbiased our reviewing methods are. But if we have to make a confession, within our team, it’s always the short straw method that decides who reviews and works with our testers on reviews of women hiking and trekking sandals and finding the best because these are especially tricky.
The review of this pair of Teva sandals proved to be a bit easier since we the first version (this is the third update of the review).
Because they are so darn good. We rarely make statements like this at the beginning of the reviews but this sandal has been among the best rated sandals for 6 months now. It was number one when we started the website and it’s bumping up and down ever since, remaining in top 3 at all times.
But enough talk and let’s see what’s so good about the Teva Omnium by:
- taking a look at the basic fact sheet
- looking through some of the most important comments from people that own these
- looking through some of the things people didn’t like
- sharing our musings and finally, summarizing everything with an Overall Rating
So, let’s start…
What the manufacturer has to say about the Teva Omnium:
- Manmade sole
- Heel approximately measures 1 1/4”
- Closed sandal featuring several drainage ports mesh quick-dry lining
- EVA molded midsole
- Heel with a shock pad
- Bungee lacing featuring backstrap with hook-and-loop design and quick-release strap
- Spider Rubber non-marking outsole
This would appear like a very extensive list of reasons we might consider getting a pair of teva hiking sandals. But we still need a seal of approval from our fellow customers.
What the customers liked about these sandals?
Some of the pleasant customer experiences:
- Fantastic shoes! It’s the best fit I ever saw, and how could it not be with so many adjustments all around them…
- They’re very easy to remove or put on, and my feet are kept comfortable and cool at all times thanks to all the holes. Whether I’m in the water or on land, these became my most trusted sidekick!
- I mostly wear them for my water aerobics classes and water jogging, and they really shine as far as performance goes! They protect my joints perfectly since they’ve got a lot of “give”, and they’re minimizing my feet’s impact on the floor of the pool thanks to their extra weight
- They have an excellent grip, which especially comes in handy when we’re hiking over some slick and damp surfaces. Teva Omniums are my choice, especially after reading tons of different reviews of women hiking sandals, and trying a pretty good number of them on our hikes
- I’ve just returned from my trip to Galapagos Islands, which was a baptism of fire for these hiking sandals. They did it all without a hitch! Walking over some sharp lava, hiking uphill, going over some damp, swampy and slushy terrains, snorkeling, you name it! These are the best women hiking sandals I’ve ever seen, and I wholeheartedly recommend them to everyone
- I love these! It was just amazing how easy to clean they are. After a muddy patch of the trail, I simply washed them a bit in a nearby river stream, and they were as good as new!
- Very comfortable shoes! I tried them for the first time during my Costa Rica tour, which was a bit of a gamble, I’ll admit. But, they’ve proved 100% worthy of such risk. They were comfortable from the moment one, and they are just a blessing during step hills descents. I also like how roomy the toebox is
- They’re very supportive where it counts most, but simultaneously they don’t constrict my movement. It’s very easy to clean them, as they practically almost clean themselves. The ventilation is amazing thanks to the openings on the side, so I never have to worry about my feet getting sweaty, hot, or sore
- They’re true to size, and the sole feels flexible like no other shoes I’ve owned. It’s a pain in the neck with athletic shoes or sandals, the soles are usually somewhat stiff for me, and they don’t have a lot of give. This one does, which is just the tip of the iceberg concerning great things I could write about these sandals!
- Since I tend to do a scary amount of walking during the summer, I’ve come to realize my tennis shoes simply won’t do anymore since they get my feet way to hot. I found an excellent alternative in these sandals, and now I’m using them for pretty much everything that comes to mind. I wear them on my hikes, to my office, or when I’m going on a fishing trip with my husband, and they perform beautifully
- These sandals were a magnificent change from my regular sneakers. My feet were constantly too hot, and they were sweaty all the time. These offer so much breathability it’s not even funny! Best women hiking sandals by far!
Some of the things that people didn’t like – the CONs:
- They weren’t exactly comfortable once I got them soaking wet! It took them some time to dry without the direct sunlight, but when the sun is shining they get completely dry pretty fast
- I only wished they found some way to solve the problem of small rocks and sand constantly getting inside. But that’s more of a wishful thinking, as they stand, they’re great!
- My feet are way too wide to fit here! L I really love them, and they look both comfortable and well made, but I just can’t jam my feet in there. I wanted to buy a wider version, but that went nowhere, so I guess I’ll had to return them regrettably
Conclusion of the reviews and the Overall Ratings
Yes, all the sandals in the world have the same “problem” things like small rocks or sand will get in if you get your feet in too deep. But who in the right mind would talk about that as a negative side of a pair of sandals, so we’ll be cheeky enough not to even deal with these comments.
Bottom line – with the current Overall Rating of 4.8 / 5 this sandal has been on our list of best rated sandals for women on the market today, or let us rephrase that, top rated sandals for women hikers.
If you are a hiker and interested in sandals, you might want to check out these few guides: