Best green tactical (jungle, military, combat) boots
This one is very specific – a guide on the best tactical boots in color green. We started this category the changes to the AR 670 1 that had many people looking for new boots that fit the standards.
This category is pretty “young” and so is the category winner, the best tactical boot that comes in green, the Danner Tachyon. We were waiting for a larger review sample to make bolder claims about the Tachyon and, in this last update, we’re finally there.
The Tachyon in sage green is at the top of this list and rightfully so…but more on the reasons behind it in the digest review further down the page.
We frankly didn’t expect it, but it turned out to be very interesting and challenging working on this guide because some of our “favorites” were not available in green (especially sage) and we had to dig deeper and do more research to come up with quality products to test and review.
Before we do anything else, let’s present the winners.
TOP 3 tactical boots in green
|Danner Tachyon 8" green
|Belleville Hot Weather
|UA Jungle Rat
|88 / 100
Review of Danner Men’s Tachyon 8″ Military Boot
The specs of the Tachyon as Danner lists it:
- High-quality durable fabric – Color Sage Green
- Sole – Rubber
- Shaft to arch – 8.5 inches
- Heel and platform measures – 1 and 0.75 inches
- EVA midsole – light and flexible
- Toe-protection (resistant to abrasions)
- Slip-resistance (patented Tachyon outsole)
Positive reviews reported by users and our testers:
- This is my third term in Afghanistan and the 3rd boot I’m wearing. The Tachyon puts my previous 2 Bates’ to shame in most aspects that matter on the ground
- This Danner looks light, so it surprised me that they’re even lighter than they seem…
- My job takes me to India monsoon regions (temperatures here go up to 120F) so I can say that these have been tested against every weather extreme there is (apart from snow) and still holding up their own after a full year. I didn’t expect a fabric boot to be so durable…
- A comfortable boot and great draining
- A solid choice if your job calls for long walks
- OK, this is THE BOOT. They feel like a reinforced trail runner and they fit like a glove.
- The best speed laces I have seen in a tactical boot
- Comfortable the same day, no breaking in…
- If being comfortable and light on your feet, this boot definitely fits the bill…
- I love the simple minimalist design
- Just a perfect fit, snug where they should be and weigh like a running shoe. Better than my old Nike by a mile
- I have what you might call semi-wide feet and it’s always been hard to find footwear that’s just right. Well, I found them, the Tachyon is just the right fit
- After 3 months of wearing these, I can say that I’m surprised that more people don’t know about the brand and this particular boot. I work pretty much all day at my job. I’ve worn Nike and Converse but this boot is just as light and comfortable and costs almost half as much…
- Super durable, I usually go through a pair of boots per season and this is the first boot ever to last longer…
Excerpts from the not so positive reviews – the CONs:
- I have ankle problems and these don’t offer any support, keep looking if you have ankle problems
- They are what they are, a fabric boot…no support on the sides so if you’re expecting bumpy terrains, this is not the boot for you. I made a mistake buying these to hike with…
- The sole is too hard if you’re standing 12 hours a day like I do. I’m wearing these with an added gel insole. My feet were killing me without it
- These run narrow and caused a blister in the pinky area and a lot of pressure on the big toe bone. Waiting for a replacement in E width…
Final Rating of the Tachyon tactical in sage green
Review of Belleville Hot Weather Tactical Boots (Green Olive)
The info sheet:
- Mix of cowhide leather (full grain) and synthetic (nylon) for the uppers
- Cushioned midsole
- 100 percent Sierra Vibram Outsole
- Additional insole (removable) for added comfort
- Certified steel-toe (ASTM F2413-11)
PROs – review excerpts:
- Blown away by the customer service, these arrived the same day, practically 7-8 hours after ordering…
- I’m a Belleville man if you can say that, I’ve been faithful to the brand for almost a decade now. Superior value for money…
- Just right, very comfortable yet supportive, I’d say a perfect combat boot. And yes, I love how they look in green…
- I’ve been looking for a good green tactical boot for two years now and went through 3 pairs (Nike, Converse and a 5.11) and this is by far the best. Superior quality and support, yet flexible…
- The most affordable boot that meets all the AF ABU specs, that’s all I was looking for
- A great boot for construction workers such as myself, supportive and protection in all the right places and a sole that’s flexible enough not to restrict movement
- I was issued these while in the army and I still have them 7 years later, they just look beaten up. I just received the new ones and glad to see that the quality hasn’t declined
- It’s hard to find a fully American-made boot these days and that’s my main reason for ordering these. And don’t let anyone tell you there’s no difference, the quality of the materials is superior, the “feel” of the boot is superior, the craftsmanship…all-around better than anything “imported”
- I’ve sprained my ankle 2 times before and it was high time I invested in protecting my feet. The ankle support is unparalleled
- Almost no break-in period, they felt great in just a few days, no blistering or anything which is otherwise common with this type of boots
- I’m coming back to add to my reviews – I’ve had these boots for 2 years now and they remain structurally unchanged. You can see the days in the rain and the sun, but other than the looks these are standing tall
- My previous boot was the Rocky C4t and I thought that was comfortable. My whole perception of comfort in a tactical boot is changed since I received these
- Over the years in the military, I’ve tested many combat boots in various conditions. Desert, jungle, tropical…you name it and I think I know what to look for in a tactical boot.
What do I look for?
First of all, they have to be true to size and this pair is, there is little wiggle room but IMO that’s better than a skin-tight fit rough terrains. I like the 8-inch ankle boots better than the 6, it simply provides better support. I also look at the weight and how easy it is to put it on and off. Bottom line, I’m sticking with these in the years to come, army or no army…
- I’m a deputy sheriff and I wear these for about 30 hours a week on patrol. It started as a duty boot but I pretty much wear them as an every-day boot now, I think that say it all…
- I like to see that a product is exactly as advertised, and these are…light, soft and comfy…
- They look sturdy and I was prepared for some breaking-in time, but no such problems, these fit great out of the box
CONs – what the users didn’t like:
• They run about half a size bigger, so I had to return them and I’m still waiting for the replacement…
• One of the seams broke within a few days. I just emailed the company about it, let’s see what happens and if they stand behind their products…
• I have wide feet and even the wide version of these is a blistery hell, these are going back…
• They should work on their customer service. It took me two days to correct a simple mistake I made when I typed in the delivery address
Category and Overall Ratings
Review of Under Armour Jungle Rat Tac Boots in Sage Green
The fact sheet:
- Material – Synthetic leather and 900D make for a light and soft finish
- A DWR finish repels water without compromises in breathability
- Sockliner – Ortholite (anti-microbe)
- Stability increased by a TPU shank and a Micro G midsole (UA trademark technology)
The positive reviews – PROs:
- Light and durable shoe, because of the regulation updates I needed a tactical boot in sage green and this fits like glove
- This is my second model of UA (after the Under Armour Valsetz) can feel the quality and how well-made these are the moment you put them on. Seems like a boot built to last…
- I used to wear the mini mils (Belleville) but this Under Armour is pretty close. The added thickness of the sole feels good on rocky terrains. The toe box seems a bit on the narrow side but it doesn’t make a difference once they break-in. Overall, good value for money
- I am with the air force and since the regulatory changes I had to adapt and finally replace my old Converse. I bought and replaced 3 boots before finally settling with these. Comfortable, flexible and worth the money.
- I read a ton of reviews before ordering this boot and my main fear was seeing the reports of the sole glue separation. It’s been 8 months now and, luckily, I’m not seeing any structural issues with the boots
CONs from the user reviews:
- The insole in these is too darn high and kind of hard and that makes it uncomfortable for me, so if you’re flat-footed probably not the best solution
- Not bad, but I like my boots to have a padded collar and these don’t
- It takes patience to get through the initial period when the boot makes this annoying creaking sound
Overall Rating of the Under Armour Jungle Rat in sage green
Why go with green tactical or combat boots in the first place?
What kind of boots does the military use and who makes them?
Today, companies that make military boots include names like: Bates, Belleville, McRae, Warson/Converse, Rocky and Wellco. The very purpose of this guide is to help people choose a boot that would be compliant with the new regulations.
For example, the Air Force requires sage green as a color of choice with its Airman Battle attire. Tan boots were authorized until 2011 but since, green tactical (combat) boots are the standard and mandatory.
The new army uniform
The standard combat uniform changed in 2015, including a changed in the pattern of the camo.
What is the AR 670 1?
It’s a regulation of appearance or uniforms and insignia of the USA army.
Honorable mentions of sage green boots
It’s only fair to have a section with a few honorable mentions. It’s “fair to the boots” and it’s only fair to you, the visitor, to offer a wider variety of choices.
These are the boots that didn’t make it to the TOP 3 best green tactical boots but were very close in ratings.
Rocky C4T Tactical Boot in sage green
• Combo of leather and fabric
• Sole – Rubber
• Measures – shaft / heel / platform – 7 / 1.5 / 1 (inches)
• Water resistant and fast-dry materials
• Features NATO hooks
Belleville Khyber Lightweight combat boots Sage Green
• Fabric-leather combo (cowhide and nylon)
• Sole – Vibram
• Orthotic insole – TR-1 premium standard
• Serrated toe and heel bumper for better crawling and climbing
• Lugs – sharp angle design for optimized traction
For those of you who have just stumbled upon Sole Labz let us say that our ratings and review system and designed in a way to reflect the market changes.
To put it simply, we update our guides in different categories every two months to keep the data and our recommendations up-do-date.
Stay safe out there